generated by sloganizer.net

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nicknames

NIcknames are funny things. For example, often the nickname that you like the best is not the one that sticks and this can bother people, although from my experience they usually end up deciding that the one they liked at first is actually dumb and that the one everyone is using is much better. Of course, sometimes not. Then there's the case of the ill-advised nickname. The case of the ill-adivised nickname is thus: while young and foolish (or old and foolish, whatever), you pick or are given a nickname that is, rather objectively speaking, fairly terrible/dumb/inappropriate when taken at face value. Unfortunately being young and foolish (or what have you. We'll go with sedimentary and a troll) one might not realize that said nickname is fairly terrible/dumb/inappropriate and keep it around in some capacity for years to come. It just so happens that the username I have used for this blog falls under that category. See, it was kind of an inside joke that led to a nickname that stuck with nobody but myself, because I found it amusing, most likely for dumb reasons (for those of you who haven't heard the story and are wondering the origin, "PlushToy" came from a night of Christmas caroling where one of my friends neglected to bring gloves and desired a way to warm his hands. As I and another friend of mine were sitting on either side of him in the back of a car, he decided the space directly beneath our posteriors would be as warm a place as any. This action prompted the comment "man, it's like Bony Boy and Plush Toy over here," which is rather ironic now since I've remained pretty skinny while my other friend has developed a certain...biscuitiness to himself that sort of negates the whole "bony" thing. Anyways, this is far too long of a parenthetical statement and I shall now bring it to a close. Ta.) It has taken many years for me to come to terms with the fact that it's only really funny to me and other people, seeing it out of context, might take it wrongly so I have decided to change my username to the one in the URL of this blog which is in fact a childhood nickname from back when I had only recently discovered mobility. Well, I need to get back to work. Enough of this elongated post about a trivial change to my blog. Go comment or something. I'm gonna go run a gel.

1 Comments:

Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

yay for trivial changes! looking forward to actualizing a few of my own in the somewhat nearish future... i've never really had any nicknames. ever. except for a few convenient ways to shorten my given name. i think i've always kinda wanted one, too. oh well. love you the most, benzoid!!!

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home