generated by

Friday, April 15, 2005

Mid-Western House Fires

I feel it necessary for the good of humanity (or at least y'all) to put up an account of my Thursday. Days like this just don't come around all the time. So, pull up your lawn chairs and enjoy it like a mid-western house fire.

My day.
Woke up to see my only mostly completed English homework (part of the project thingy that is the majority of our grade this quarter) still spread out in front of me and came to the realization that I had, in fact, not done my other homework, including reading the chapter that I was supposed to present with my partner to my French class (a presentation that we had not prepared). Add to this the fact that I woke up about 30 minutes later than I normally do....(Which resulted in my breakfast consisting of three granola bars, a nutri-grain bar, and an apple) I don't think clariten has any nutritional value, but you can throw that in there too if you want) Anyways, I planned to use my Video class to read my French, only to discover that I had left not only my book at home, but my study questions and vocab sheet as well. So I spent video finishing up my English (I didn't entirely finish it until right before English class started. I finished it out in the hallway).Now, normally I would use lunch to do the French reading and to meet with my partner. Unfortunately, the Christian fellowship club at our school meets at lunch on Thursdays.
The club that I co-lead.
Now, usually I would ask the girl who leads it with me to run the show without me at least until I could finish, but unfortunately she couldn't be there during lunch today because she had an essay to write for something. (By this point I had borrowed my French teacher's copy of the book, and I had planned out the lesson with my partner in my physics class)
So, I do the club thing, then get to my class, and spend the first part of class (another group presented before us) reading the chapter I was about to teach. By some Act of God we actually managed to pull it off. I mean, we even stuck in an impromptu skit. Anyways, with that over and done, I just went and chilled in social studies.
Towards the end of class though, I was really needing to pay a visit to the little boys room, so after the bell rang and I grabbed my stuff, I headed off to have a private meeting with the John.
It was absolutely disgusting in there. Not only was there some dude changing right in front of the stalls, but the last three people to use both stalls had not found it necessary to flush. So I had to make a wee stop by the Church on the way home.
Anyways, I get home and I get to work/stuff I do at home (e.g. waste time), when I realize that it's a glorious day outside. Perfect for filming.
So I call up my dad and arrange for him to come home early to help me film, which he does. Unfortunately, he then informs me that he has a telecast of a lecture that he needs to see. As a result, we only ended up reshooting one shot in my car (during which I almost hit a mailbox) instead of finishing up all but the last three shots I need.
And that was my day.


Blogger The George said...


11:02 PM  
Blogger ross said...

yes...your one thursady sounds liek every single day here in the great state of texas ...yeah life is frikin crazy for me and thats bascilly how i do all my homework all the time and i am still remarkably going to graduate in 5 weeks(comense victory jig).....yeah so crazy its scary i made it...

12:29 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I applaud your homework finishing capabilities. I don't think that would have worked for me. woopdiedoo.

1:04 PM  
Blogger gelfling said...

ya know.. this all sounds awfully familiar.. :P

2:56 PM  
Blogger PlushToy said...

I wonder why....

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home