generated by sloganizer.net

Sunday, March 13, 2005

A Sonnet for George

Well, George asked for a sonnet, and I just happen to have one that I squirreled away. This guy was another poem I wrote for my English class, specifically for a "found poem" assignment we did for Hamlet. This one's for you bro:

The Readiness is All

With the vengeance set,
Blood’s release is called,
For a father’s honor,
The readiness is all.

A love forgotten,
A vengeance forestalled,
A madness awoken,
The readiness is all.

Death encroaches life,
Great men poised to fall,
The rapier and the knife,
The readiness is all.

Whether he now goes to Hell’s fires or Heaven’s halls,
This one thing he knows: The readiness is all.

Expect more poemishness/postingness later today.

2 Comments:

Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

nicely hamlet-ful. me like (:

5:33 PM  
Blogger The George said...

Very Excellent in a rhymed and structured sort of way...

represent.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home