generated by sloganizer.net

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Engagements

My cousin Jason in California just called about 10 minutes ago to tell us that he got engaged this week. Isn't that awesome? He proposed to his girlfriend (Kate) on Valentine's Day (awwwwwwwwwwww...) and she said yes. Of course you know what this means. It means I'm going to have to get a suit that actually fits me, although I'm probably going to have to do that for a certain other wedding coming up in May. We'll see about that one. But yes, cousin getting married. Man, they're really dropping like flies out there. I'm running out of unmarried cousins. That's like the third or fourth cousin in about as many years. Not only that, but they got some crazy baby-making going on. I mean, dang. They're just churnin' em out. Must run in the family or something, and on both sides too. I've got a cousin on my dad's side who got married I think three years ago and who already has four kids I believe. Like I said, serious baby manufacturing.
Good times.

Alright, can someone explain something to me? I'm watching the Duke game and they're playing Virginia Tech. The Virginia Tech Hokies. Now for those of you that don't know, a hokie is actually a real thing. A hokie, my friends, is a castrated turkey. Now why, for the love of all that is good and sacred do you name your team after a castrated fowl? Why?
........Stupid hokies.

So I'm going to Holland. Officially. It's awesome. Five months of workshops with Bob Watson, a pre-trip prophetic conference, and a ten day, intensive, prophetic oriented trip where I will be a part of putting on a prophetic conference for the youth of between 11 and 20 churchs in David Koeurts' (sp?) church network. Why does the word "stoked" come to mind all of a sudden?

Brouhaha.

...What? I like the word "brouhaha". It's just a great word, like defenestration or benighted. Can I not just randomly say a word with no context or reason other that I like and it sounds cool? Bah. You speak nonsense. I shall have no other recourse but to come over there and accost you with a dead catfish.

Stupid hokies.

I know something you don't know :P

I think that all of my posts should be titled "Ramblings". Apparently I can't quite do anything but ramble. Maybe one of these days I'll actually pick a topic and stick to it throughout the entire post. Don't hold your breath though, I still haven't found me a focus group and a 12-step program. I know they're out there though...somewhere...






...stupid hokies.

2 Comments:

Blogger /es/\e said...

I find your ramblings quite the delight.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

dang ben.. i think this goes to show that you won't be finding that oh-so-patient woman for quite a while.. the world simply is not ready for mini-bens.. or at least, hasn't yet built enough subterranean shelters to adequately "wait it out."

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home