generated by sloganizer.net

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Consider it a Learning Experience

I have just endured close to ten minutes of listening to my dog scream at the top of his lungs thinking my mom was home because my father was repeatedly opening and shutting the garage door in an attempt to fix it. I'm pretty darn sure that violated the Geneva Accords. Oi....

Well, AP tests are over, or at least they should be. Unfortunately, for me they still loom on the horizon. You see, a funny thing happened to me on the way to my AP English exam....or more precisely I'm a moron. Let me explain. I was happily going about my week, the joyous thought of graduation balancing out the impendning tests. Alas, I seemed to have caught an insiduous touch of that transformation that overtakes seniors as the end of their highschool career approaches. My first AP test, an afternoon test, arrived and passed with very little pain. The next morning I was scheduled to take my AP English test. Now, it so happened that for some reason my memory failed me as to what time my past morning AP exams had started. Somehow it never occured to me to look up the time in whatever AP information I had been given or to ask around for the time. No, this was not for me. Instead, I chose to rely on the obviously infallible statement of my video teacher when I told him I had the exam the next morning of "Oh really? That's at what? Nine? You don't need to bother coming in to class then." This was quite satisfactory for me. After all, they couldn't start an exam of this caliber any earlier than 9 a.m., now could they? Thus, the next morning, feeling quite rested after my extended night's sleep, I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and set of to school unhurredly. As I drove however, I began to get that strange feeling deep in my gut that stinks of premonition. At first I shrugged it off in blissful ignorance, but as time passed I began to speed up my approach to school. I had nothing to worry about though, right? After all, I was assured of the time and I could be confident that my information was from the best and most accurate sources. I do believe I sped for the last few minutes of the trip.
And so I arrived at school, hurried inside (to be early of course, so I could calm my nerves which were obviously only acting up due to the stress of the coming test). The lack of students standing outside the testing room in a studying frenzy was my first clue that something was horribly wrong. That feeling in my stomach took hold of me and when I cracked open the door and peered in to see my classmates diligently (or at least frantically) filling out their tests. I distinctly remember everything inside me sinking well below my shoes. My last hope was brutally slain when my eyes were caught by the writing on the whiteboard. It read "BEGIN: 8:25 a.m." And so, after enduring the condescending words of the secretary (or more precisely the condescending tone. You can't undestand a word that comes out of that woman's mouth) and the acerbic lecture that followed from the very stressed out assisstant principle in charge of AP testing at East, here I am, forty dollars poorer and scheduled for a make up exam on either the twentieth of May, or May 19th....my birthday. Strangely enough, I find consolation in the great humor of the poetic justice in all this. hehehe.

In other news, some people have too much time on their hands. I cannot decide whether to thank God for such people or to turn them all into an army of zombie slaves with which I can conquer North Dakota. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

ok, I went to that "some ppl" link. My mind cannot comprehend. It is out in space somewhere trying to understand how anything remotely similar to what I have just witnessed could ever occur. I feel like banging my head against the wall or telling those annonymous ppl that they are idiotic geeks with too much time on their hands. (well, they may be smart geeks or idiotic non-geeks)
oh and really sorry about the AP exams. that's horrible.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

ok, I have a friend in VA who has a blog kinda like that so if you want the intrigue you can see it at
http://sg-28stories.blogspot.com

11:56 PM  
Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

sad AP-english-test-delayed ben. sad 40-dollars-poorer ben. but still my favorite red-headed soon-to-be-eighteen-years-old ben of all time!
(:
and i'm glad you found some consolation. not everyone can do that. takes mad skills!
(great consolation-finding skills?)

1:14 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

.................................


yes


i would truly comment,
but there arn't words enough,
nor time enough,
as it is quite late.

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home