generated by sloganizer.net

Saturday, April 25, 2009

It's been a long haul...

You know how people say that their college years just flew by them and that it all seems like a blur? They're not half wrong. I still have a little bit of this college ride left, but not much. For the rest of my classmates this week is the end for them. I think that's the weirdest part for me, watching everyone else as they slowly (or suddenly) realize that they have finished. Just a blitzkrieg through finals week and then their undergraduate careers are over. Me, I just sort of watch from the sidelines knowing I've got a little bit more left and thus have fodder to fuel my denial of my rapidly approaching "real person" status. I suppose now would be a good time to reflect on what college has meant to me, what I've learned (aside from lots of hard-to-pronounce species names, like Pituophus melanoleucus and Agkistrodon contortrix), and how I've grown, but right now I still have projects and exams left, so I'll save that for later. Let me just say that it has been quite a ride that I wouldn't trade for anything. I've had things I wish I'd done better and I've done some things better than I thought I could and on the whole I will walk away from Duke much different than the boy who first moved in here. Here's to the path we've walked and the path laid before us. Now if you'll excuse me, the present is calling to remind me I've got a paper to right.

Peace

1 Comments:

Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

"write," i think.

or perhaps you'll give me an explanation of how "right" makes perfect sense and is just what you intended to say.

in any case...

i'm glad to have been able to share a bit of the ride with you.

i love you so much, and i'm so proud of you.

c:

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home