generated by sloganizer.net

Friday, April 27, 2007

Random Rainy Ramblings

I thought it smelled like rain yesterday....
Speaking of rain, you know what I find odd? People who walk around with umbrellas, particularly large ones, when it isn't raining. Sure, maybe it was raining a little while ago or perhaps there's the lightest of drizzle the moment before, but they're walking around hunkered under this thing like it was raining fire when there's nary a drop falling from the sky. I just don't get it. I mean, sure, I'm all for being prepared but keeping your umbrella up because maybe it might start raining again since it was raining earlier today? I dunno. Maybe I'm just missing something. Maybe they're not doing it out of fear that the heavens will suddenly rend asunder and pour forth a watery deluge of fury such as Noah would balk at but rather just because it's easier not to fold it up again right away. After all, I do like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I do think though that there are a great many people who need to rediscover (or perhaps learn for the first time) the joy of walking slowly through the rain under a gray and heavy sky, of feeling the sky kiss the top of your head and carry you through the watery curtain it has given life for a short season. Alright, well that's enough nonsense out of me for today. Man, two updates in two days? I'm spoilin' y'all, seriously. Well, I 'spose I should find something semi productive to do, although pretty soon I gotta go meet someone so I can beat them with a stick. Laters!

Peace.

4 Comments:

Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

your nonsense makes me smile (;

oh, and (because i'm me, i have to say this) i think the heavens would have to be rent; i'm pretty sure that the "heavens" are the object for your "rending"...and i very much doubt they can rend themselves q;

9:42 AM  
Blogger Benzoid the Destroyer said...

I dunno about that. I'm pretty suire you can have some self-rending going on. At least that was what I was envisioning...

10:41 AM  
Blogger Benzoid the Destroyer said...

(of course you're probably right though q;)

11:08 AM  
Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

well, not necessarily. i'm not ruling out the possibility that i could be wrong... q;

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home