generated by sloganizer.net

Sunday, June 19, 2005

ARE YOU UP A TREE?!! (also entitled "Have a Glorious Father's Day")

Happy Father's Day! I hope all of you have sufficiently honored your fathers (however many of them you may or may not have, starting with the biological one).

In other news, War Cry was great. It was very different than previous years (sorry George), but there's nothing wrong with that. It was definitely a different experience for me, especially since a lot of what I got out of it was preparation for things to come more than personal breakthroughs, which was cool. It's good to know that I'm being prepared for something. Another thing that sets this War Cry apart was what happened Thursday night back at the dorms. We (the guys) have had some pretty heavy small group meetings at War Cry in the past, but nothing quite like this. What happened was essentially this: the events of the evening meeting and our subsequent small group meeting led to smoe fairly heavy spiritual warfare in our dorm. Some of the guys who had never really had any exposure to the demonic got (quite understandably) really freaked out by what had happened in the meeting and the discussion we had about it, to the point of (from what I gathered, George please correct me if I'm wrong) something ressembling a panic attack. So, I hear the commotion from all of this and come into the room next door to find all the guys from my small group there having a small meeting where George was basically explaining the nature of the demonic to everyone (e.g. "Big God, wee little demons, so let's just give God the glory and forget about the wee little demons) and leading an impromptu prayer and worship session (I guess I threw in a wee bit of leadership too, but George mostly was acting as the authority. I was very proud of you bro. Still am). It was simply awesome. It was one of those rare moments in your life when you look around you and everything in your soul says "This is right. This is how life should be. This is what fellowhip is. This is what being a man means." To see a room full of men on their knees together before their Lord and God, repenting of things they had hidden away for years only to now confess them before Him in the presence of their brothers....that is beauty. That is worship. That is warfare. That is the truth of the God we serve.
Amen.

This just in: if you haven't checked out Terminal yet (the band, not the movie), I would strongly encourage you too. They are one of the newest additions to good ol' Tooth and Nail and I am personally loving them a great deal. They've got some similarities to Third Eye Blind and JEW, but they've definitely got their own unique and diverse flavor, but that's all I'm gonna say. Go and taste them for yourself.

By the way, a week ago yesterday, something beautiful, something extraordinary, something that strikes to the core of everything that is humanity took place....




I GRADUATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


ahhhhhhhh...life is beautiful. It really is.

20 Comments:

Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

(:

11:42 PM  
Blogger The George said...

The interesting thing is that this was on top of our regular small group meeting, which involved some good prayer for a couple of guys (actually including Fosterface, our small group leader extraordinaire...)

Yeah, that's a pretty good description... a silent-ish panic attack, or just being really scared... and an overall air of not-very-well-disguised uneasiness among the younger guys.

We had already talked MORE than enough about the demonic... :) I just said, "First off... I know ONE thing, and that is that God doesn't want us to be scared. What I see is that it seems like we have a real opportunity here to come together in a place of repentance before God, and put the attention where it should be, on Him and His glory..."
Which is when you came in to the room and, when I asked if anybody had anything they wanted to share, you led the way right off the bat, puttin' it on the line and setting the tone for all the amazing things that came from everybody's lips... that was HUGE, man, I dunno if all of that would have happened without it... and incidentally, you do that sort of leading by example ALL the freakin' time...

Anyway, yeah... good times...

12:06 PM  
Blogger Benzoid the Destroyer said...

Wha?

2:43 PM  
Blogger The George said...

He's referring to Alyssa...
Who I myself saw at War Cry for all of two seconds...

11:07 PM  
Blogger Benzoid the Destroyer said...

Yeah, I eventually figured that out, but I still want to know if you actually went to the trouble of getting the character count for George's comment or if you just pulled that number out of the proverbial air. As for seeing Alyssa at War Cry, I not only saw her, but I was in fact so richly blessed as to enjoy a short conversation with her after the meeting. 'Twas lovely.

11:27 PM  
Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

'twas, rather, wasn't it?

10:22 PM  
Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

and yes, aaron, i still don't know who you are.

10:23 PM  
Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

...oh - and you were off by (i think) fourteen (taking into account the division by two, of course), but only if you count spaces. and i don't think spaces are really considered characters (maybe if you had said "keystrokes" or something, you'd've been more correct). not that it matters that you were off - i am obviously slightly bored - and i was actually kinda impressed that you were that close...

11:42 PM  
Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

...okay - now i'm impressed that i was that close. (i did my counting by hand. yeah. i was that bored.)

1:26 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

POST.. NOW.. before i smack you in the gob so hard you wish you'd never been born.

GAH.

7:45 PM  
Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

what's a gob?

10:26 PM  
Blogger Benzoid the Destroyer said...

Ah, there we go. I was waiting to break fifteen before I posted again. Thanks luv.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Benzoid the Destroyer said...

Dude, I totally have to write it first, and I totally have too much grease on my hands and arms and shirt and so forth to do so, and I STILL have to finish replacing the dern water pump. Until then...um....Sheep?

4:42 PM  
Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

completely off-topic (unless, perhaps, i engaged in the activity of counting sheep, which i have only done once or twice in my life, last night not being one of them): ben, you were randomly in one of my dreams this morning. we were at a caedmon's call show and they were doing stuff off their self-titled album. just thought you might like to know what your dream-self was up to at about 8 o'clock this morning...

11:29 PM  
Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

*ahem* "not having been one of them" ...sorry.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Benzoid the Destroyer said...

I'm honored to have graced your early morning dreams. I just hope I behaved myself.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

POOOOOOOOOST!!!!!!

Pronunciation: 'gob, 'gäb
Function: noun
Etymology: probably from Scottish Gaelic, mouth & Irish, beak, pursed mouth
chiefly British : MOUTH

...and here, my favorite usage of the word gob (in dropkick murphys' song Finnegan's Wake): "..Then O Connor took up the job "Arrah!" Biddy says she Ye're wrong I'm Sure, Biddy then gave her a belt on The gob and left her sprawling on the Floor.." ETC!!! good song.. i highly recommend it.. give it a go, yeah?

p.s.
ben.. darling.. POOOOOOST!!!!!!!

2:01 PM  
Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

jo, dear, i am halfway familiar with the dropkick murphys...and that is about as familiar as i think i'll ever need to be...

1:54 AM  
Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

oh, and yes, ben - for the record, you behaved just fine.

1:54 AM  
Blogger ross said...

i havent posted a comment in here in a long time so HA! now i am and i had to read a great deal to see how things were since i kinda got off track for a while of reading everyone else's blog thing you know what i mean ..and congrats by the way for finishing high school , i just did the same thing, no not like this very instance , but on May 28 ( I counted down to that day since August 19, 2004 which was my first day of my senior year) but anywho just thought I'd post a comment on here again well this is more less a long winded blurb....

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home